Saturday 10 November 2012

When it comes to the stitching part of your life, what are you most thankful for?


I was taught to cross stitch by my mum, many years ago and I loved it but was slightly embarrassed about it, because at the time I was a teenager and it wasn't 'cool' to do so.  I don't think I ever completed a design either and during my twenties I didn't do much stitching either, to busy partying.

When I reached my thirties, I started again, slowly, starting designs and never finishing but over the last three years I have got back into and now I find it helps me and look forward to my stitching time.

Since moving to Poland, I have suffered badly with depression and anxiety but cross stitching has given me something to focus on.  When I am stitching, I'm in my own world creating a picture with my own hands, something that I can be proud of.  Cross stitching has help me get me back some of the confidence that I have lost.

In the past three months, I start this blog, also started and completed a QS HAED Design and started another BAP HAED, started learning Polish, started teaching English with two different companies, now having interest from other companies and finally made a new good friend.

Now that I am busier I don't have as much time to cross stitch but I make time as it helps clear my mind, relaxes me and I get excited when I see my work coming together.  

I also have the a supporting man in my life, who has always been there through everything, without him I would not be where I am now either - he is my rock.

I still suffer with my depression and get panic attacks but I am taking one day at a time - like one stitch at a time - it all comes together in the end.


Stitching the Night Away Stitching Bloggers Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like so many great things are falling into place for you! I enjoy following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can really relate to your story in a very personal way. Through all my ups and downs, the stitching has always been there and will always be there, one stitch at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you have this "outlet."

    ReplyDelete
  4. One stitch and one day at a time will see you/us through it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep... One stitch at a time! It's great therapy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message - I love receiving them xx